McMullen House Bed & Breakfast LLC prides itself on providing an “oil boom” experience for every guest. Your stay is important and to provide a positive time for every guest please read these policies. If you have questions, please call or send an email to email@example.com.
Our rates are based on double occupancy in the Lake Erie Cottage and Tarbell Room and are single occupancy or double occupancy in the Drake Room (depending on the number of people). The stated rates do not include a county occupancy tax of 5% and 6% PA state tax. Payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
A credit card guarantees a reservation. Cancellations within 14 days of the reservation result in a fee of $50.00 if another party does not rent the room. Cancellations within 7 days result in the billing of the entire reservation if another party does not rent the room. No shows are charged for the entire reservation regardless of other parties. We have these fees since we are a small operation and are greatly affected by lost room nights. Your reservation confirmation will be emailed as soon as possible after the reservation is booked. Oil Fest and Oil Creek Marathon weekends require a 2-night minimum stay and a non-refundable deposit of the entire stay. No third party reservations are accepted.
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
If you are arriving outside of these times please call to make arrangements. If you realize you are going to arrive later than planned, please call us to let us know. Please contact us in case of a weather delay or cancellation. We handle these situations on a case by case basis.
Although our check-out is at 11:00 AM we can hold your luggage if you going to be doing activities during the day of departure.
Smoking and Pet Policy
McMullen House Bed and Breakfast and the property around it are 100% smoke-free and pet-free. Damage related to smoking will result in a charge to the guest’s card to bring the room back to a smoke-free condition. Smoking in a room will result in a fee of $250.00 in addition to the damage. Please abide by these rules as the furnishings and the house are old and date from the Victorian Era and are therefore fragile.
We cannot be responsible for the loss or theft of personal items/valuables. Return of items is at the owner’s expense.
In-House and Room
For the safety and security of all guests and the owners, we request that all guests be in the house by 11:00 PM. If there is a need for an extension or change, prior arrangements must be made. We have central air and heat. If you need additional ventilation please use the fan in your room or notify the owners. We are unable to serve alcoholic beverages to guests and please do not take drinks or beverages, other than water, to the rooms. Please do not flush sanitary products in the toilets.
- The house has central air and heat. Please do not try to open the windows. They are original to the house and will not open. Fans are provided in each room for additional ventilation.
- Breakfast is served promptly in the dining room at 8:00 am. Coffee or tea is available in the library from 7:30 to 8:00 am. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions at the time of your reservation.
- All guestrooms are located on the second floor. There is no lift or elevator to use instead of the staircase. If we do not know about your needs we will not be able to serve them or attempt to serve them.
- Guestrooms do not have TV’s, but there is a TV for guest use in the library. Wi-fi is provided for guests throughout the house.
- LED Lanterns are located near the door of each room for emergency use.
- Well-behaved children age 10 and older are welcome when accompanied by a responsible adult. Guests come to our bed and breakfast for the peaceful environment and the historical experience.