McMullen House Bed and Breakfast prides itself on providing an “oil boom” experience for every guest. Your stay is important and to provide a positive time for every guest please read these policies. If you have questions, please call or send an email to email@example.com.
Our rates are based on double occupancy in the Lake Erie Cottage and Tarbell Room and are single occupancy or double occupancy in the Drake Room depending on the number of people. The stated rates do not include a county occupancy tax of 5% and a 6% PA state tax. The Lake Erie Cottage can accommodate one extra guest for an extra fee of $40.00. Payment methods accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
A credit card guarantees a reservation. Cancellations within 14 days of the reservation will result in a fee of $50.00 if the room cannot be rented to another party. Cancellations within 7 days will result in the entire reservation being billed if the room cannot be rented to another party. No shows are charged for the entire reservation irregardless of other parties. We have these fees since we are a small operation and are greatly affected by lost room nights. Your reservation confirmation will be emailed as soon as possible after the reservation is booked. Oil Fest and Oil Creek Marathon weekends require a 2-night minimum stay and a non-refundable deposit.
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
If you are arriving outside of these times please call to make arrangements. If you realize you are going to arrive later than planned, please call us to let us know. Please contact us in case of a weather delay or cancellation. We handle these on a case by case basis.
Although our check-out is at 11:00 AM we can hold your luggage if you going to be doing activities during the day.
McMullen House Bed and Breakfast and the property around it are 100% smoke-free and pet-free. Damage related to smoking will result in a charge to the guest’s card to bring the room back to a smoke-free condition. Smoking in a room will result in a fee of $250.00 in addition to the damage. Please abide by these rules as the furnishings and the house are old and date from the Victorian Era and are therefore fragile.
We cannot be responsible for the loss or theft of personal items/valuables. Return of items left behind after the stay are at owner’s expense.
In-House and Room
For the safety and security of all guests and the owners, we request that all guests be in the house by 11:00 PM. If there is a need for an extension or change, please notify the owners. We are unable to serve alcoholic beverages to guests and please do not take drinks or beverages, other than water, to the rooms. Please do not flush sanitary products in the toilets.
- Breakfast is normally starts at 8:30 am with coffee or tea served beforehand. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions, other special requirements and if you need breakfast earlier than the normal time.
- All bedrooms are located upstairs and there is no lift or elevator. Please consider this if staying. If we do not know about your needs we will not be able to fulfill them or attempt to fulfill them.
- Guestrooms do not have TV’s, but there is a TV for guest use in the library. Wi-Fi is provided for guests throughout the house.
- Lanterns are in each room. The lanterns are located near the door of each room.
- We have central air and heat. Please do not try to open the windows. They are original to the house and have become difficult to open through the years.