Enjoy a tour of the historic neighborhood that surrounds the McMullen House. See the houses of Ida Tarbell, John Fertig, John Mather, George Custer, and others. This tour is given year-round, weather permitting, and is included with your stay. Those houses with a lantern are discussed on the tour.
Caldwell House, c. 1870
The Caldwell House located at 310 E Main Street was owned and built by James H. Caldwell. It is an example of an Italianate Villa topped with a mansard roof more typical of the Second Empire style.
John Fertig House, c. 1872
The John Fertig House at 602 E Main Street is a large example of an Italianate Villa. The house is noted for its scrolling and large brackets.
George Custer House, c. 1865
The George Custer House, built by George Custer, is suggestive of Italianate architecture. Mr. Custer was a realtor and oilman during the Oil Boom period.
John Mather House
John Mather, a noted Oil Region photographer, lived at this house in the late 1800s. The house is located just down the street from McMullen House at 407 E Main Street.
McKinney Hall, c. 1870
McKinney Hall was built by John C. Bryan and then owned by a number of owners after 1872, including William McKinney the namesake. An example of Second Empire architecture with Italianate accents, it is now the administration building for the University of Pittsburgh at Titusville.
William Sterrett House, c. 1871
The Sterrett House is located at 226 E Main Street and is an example of Second Empire style with French accents. William Sterrett manufactured oil equipment.
Hyde House, c. 1864
The Hyde House was originally built by Isaac Canfield and purchased later by Charles Hyde. It is an example of Italianate architecture and is now the home of the Titusville YWCA.
Titusville City Hall, c. 1862
Titusville City Hall was originally built by Nelson Kingsland and is one of the few examples of Greek Revival architecture in Titusville. Orginally the Bush House Hotel, it became Titusville City Hall in 1872.
William T. Scheide House, c. 1884
The William T. Scheide House is an example of Queen Anne architecture with a slate roof. The famous Scheide book collection started here and was continued by his son, John. The book collection that included an original Gutenberg Bible is now located at Princeton University.
Isaac Shank House, c. 1906
The Issac Shank House is located at 118 W Main Street. An example of the Colonial Revival style, this house was built by Issac Shank who was a merchant and lumberman in Titusville.
Titusville First United Methodist Church, c. 1954
Titusville First United Methodist Church of Titusville, PA is located at 302 W Walnut Street. The current church was built when a previous wooden building was lost to fire. The current church is an example of Gothic architecture.
First Baptist Church, c. 1865-1868
First Baptist Church of Titusville, PA is located at 220 N Perry Street. Like the Methodist Church across from it is an example of Gothic architecture. Unlike a lot of other Gothic structures, it is built of red brick.
Algrunix Building, c. 1894
The Algrunix Building located at 144 W Spring Street is an example of Gothic architecture with a distinctive onion top turret. The name comes from the owners’ abbreviated last names.